#SUMMER // our favorite summer tunes for 2015
// LISTEN HERE //
1. "Tompkins Square Park" by Mumford & Sons - I like
2. "All These Things That I've Done" by The Killers - every bit as good today as ever. what a great track from a "killer" band! Ha!
3. "Graceland" by Paul Simon - reminds me of being on the road with my dad.
4. "Let Me Down" by The Staves - damn those sisters can sing
5. "Blue Eyes" by Middle Brother - great side project of Dawes frontman. luv the opening lick.
6. "Hangover Days" by Jason Collett - guitar player for Broken Social Scene. track just feels like getting into trouble.
7. "My Leather, My Fur, My Nails" by Stepdad - we blast this song in Dreamcatcher. weird ass band that is really fun. epic key change!
8. "The Eye" by Brandi Carlile - I missed the train on her until recently. very thankful I caught that ride
9. "Secondhand Heart" by Will Hoge - one of our favorites. on our pre-show mixtape.
10. "By My Side" by Great Good Fine OK - dance music. falsetto singers which is cool. Whitney Houston grooves. killer pop chorus.
11. "Back In The High Life Again" by Steve Winwood - nostalgic, listen with friends.
12. "Tennessee Whiskey" by Chris Stapleton - excited for this guy. doing Nashville proud. this band is so warm & groovy.
13. "The Wild Life" by Vacationer - lead singer from one of my favorite bands in high school. goes good with the beach & vodka.
14. "Black Leather Jacket" by Keith Urban - written by our friends Tom Douglas & Jaren Johnston, produced by Butch Walker. track is HUGE. dig this artist. lyric feels like "glory days".
15. "Just Say Yeah" by Jackson Browne - most of our playlists will have Jackson on it. boy running after girl. "I wanted to be somebody you'd see when you're feeling good.." summer love. yeah.